The Coffee County Schools' Director of Attendance operates as a liaison between home, school, court and the State Department of Education to ensure compliance with the state law(s) related to school attendance (TCA 49-6-3001) and to assist at-risk students with other services.
- To ensure that every child in the Coffee County School System receives an adequate education.
- To provide every child with the necessary instructional time needed to develop the skills being taught.
- To provide school personnel with technical assistance regarding the student management program as related to reporting and accountability of school attendance.
- To assist the Director of Schools with enrollment issues.
- To provide parents and students with information regarding GED, Home School, and Homeless.
Attendance Administrative Assistant
Attendance is a key factor in student achievement, and therefore, students are expected to be present each day school is in session. The Director of Schools/designee shall develop appropriate administrative procedures to implement this policy.
Our current policy is being amended. Please refer to the law at this time. TCA 49-6-3007
The parent/student is asked to provide
- Proof of legal birth name and age (Ex. Birth Certificate or Adoption Record)
- Social Security Number for identification and tracking purposes (Requested but NOT Required)
- Proof of Immunization on a Tennessee School Entry Immunization Form.
- Proof of Legal Custodial Guardian if parents are divorced.
- Copy of a current physical, if the student is enrolling for the first time in a Tennessee school.
- Two documents that verify proof of residence in the school zone for a Coffee County School.